- Great Books
- Current News & Events
- Literature & Poetry
- Foreign Languages
Learning in Retirement (LIR) has been offering classes for the past 19 years designed for those 50+ who enjoy the never-ending process of life-long learning. Our instructors are passionate about their subjects and are committed to creating a student-focused educational experience. Your involvement and feedback is the backbone of our program. Student participation, questions, and comments make attending LIR classes stimulating and entertaining.
• Most classes are two hours long
• Most are eight weeks duration
• No tests or grades
•Our fees are modest since we have an all-volunteer teaching staff.
There are three terms throughout the year:
- Fall: Oct. 20-Dec. 12 2014 (8 weeks)
- Winter: Jan. 12- March 6 (8 weeks)
- Spring: March 16- April 24 (6 weeks)